There are plenty of websites out there with tips on how to get through Black Friday. They tell you how:
- Plan your route first
- Make a list
- Decide what you want before you enter the scrum
- Don’t be distracted
- Prepare to wait
- Stay calm
- Take water and supplies
- Be prepared to use physical violence and shout at everyone.
Okay I made that last one up but it happens anyway. Interestingly none of the Black Friday websites offer this important advice:
DON’T DO BLACK FRIDAY!
Watching all those sad people desperately fighting over flat screen TV’s has a look of the ‘end of days’.
You can imagine future generations sitting around campfires in deserted shopping malls telling stories about Black Friday. It was a time when the human race finally fell flat on its face into a pile of consumer crap nobody really needed.
There is good reason why it’s called Black Friday. Everyone dies a little.
So here are my tips for avoiding Black Friday.
- Go out with friends
- Read a book or catch up on a film (not Spectre though. It was rubbish)
- Help your kids
- Take the dog out.
- Stay in bed.
- Don’t watch the TV news and stay off the Internet.
You can do any of these or maybe all of them.
You might also have time to think about the following:
- Decide to be happy with what you already have.
- You are free. Only believe what you know to be true for yourself (old yoga science)
- Humans Beings are made for giving not taking.
- When you have more than you need someone else has less than they need.
- The more stuff you think you need the bigger the hole in your life/head/heart…